- Try to make your reservation ahead of time.
- On the day of your trip, show up ahead of time, at least 30 minutes before the departure time to pick up your ticket without haste.
- Wear comfortable and appropriate clothing for the season and bring a jumper or a cardigan.
- Choose sports shoes.
- Bring a bathing suit and slippers in your backpack in case you want to go for a swim.
- We advise wearing a hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- The São João Baptista restaurant and Fortification are not open to the public all year round. Please confirm that they are in operation if you are travelling outside the summer months.
- Always bring a water bottle with you, preferably a reusable one.
The Berlengas Nature Reserve has a unique natural heritage, and it is up to all of us to protect this very rich ecosystem. In order to preserve its habitats, animal species and flora, it is essential to keep the Berlengas free from non-native species, thus supporting the work of the LIFE Berlengas project.
- Check your luggage before boarding in order not to carry insects, mammals or seeds, pay special attention to camping equipment.
- If you see any rats or rabbits on the island, please inform nature’s watchkeepers.
- Do not tamper with, remove or damage the traps placed on the island.
Read Terms and Conditions for more information.
ACTS AND ACTIVITIES PROHIBITED IN THE BERLENGAS NATURE RESERVE
- No pets are allowed, with the exception of guide dogs.
- Collection, cutting, capture, slaughter or possession of specimens of any species of fauna and flora.
- Introduction, restocking or holding in captivity any non-indigenous flora and fauna species.
- Dumping, disposing or leaking waste.
- Flights by aircraft with engines below 1000 feet.
- Use of sound amplification devices and broadcast receivers outside buildings and boats.
- Use of motor vehicles and combustion engines.
- Overnight stay and camping outside the designated areas.
- Walking outside the existing tracks and paths.
Failure to comply with the above rules may result in a fine of at least €200 up to €10 000 to be paid by the offender.